Monday, May 31, 2010

To The Start Of Summer!

Marathon training season officially started for me today with a lovely 10-mile run, longest run of the year so far. Took the first five miles nice and easy (it was humid today), slowed down a bit over miles six into seven, then started feeling not only revived but sassy, so took the last three miles quick. But true to my resolution to run by feel and not by time, I did not wear a watch, so I don't know my pace. Just that it felt really good to run hard and that I surprised myself at how good it felt and how long I kept going hard --- I had been nervous about the run today since it had been about a month since my last long run, at 9 miles.

And then I came home and had my snack while lying in an ice bath. Fun times!

Music listened to: Nikka Costa's most recent album, "Pebble to a Pearl," and "Just Because I'm A Woman: Songs of Dolly Parton" with covers by a wide variety of artists such as Alison Kraus, Sinead O'Connor, Me'Shell Ndegoecello, Shania Twain, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment