Wednesday, June 3, 2015

5 Miles

Up early today, to run five miles before the rest of the household awoke. Prior to today, all my early runs were along the lines of 2-3 miles, with a couple of four mile runs on weekends when I didn't have to be back quite so early. So this felt like a big deal. (I had to set my alarm for before 5:00 a.m. - which I've done in the past, but not to get up and go run, unless it was a race.)

I will have many more such runs - and for longer distances - in the weeks before the marathon. I will be setting my alarm to go off even earlier. But this first one felt like the beginning of something new.

One of the self improvement writers I follow wrote something like, your goal should frighten and excite you. Training for the marathon this year - training for a time, not only to finish - frightens and excites me. I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing.

And I have a feeling that this will only be the first step...

Shivering with antici.....

pation.

Annie

Yes, that was a shout out to "Rocky Horror Picture Show", one of my favorite movies EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment