- Just accept that any intense run, done in the middle of a string of running days, is going to be hard.
- Remember to adjust goal pace for the heat.
- Forget sunglasses and just wear a hat. That way you can read your watch correctly.
- Corollary to above: Don't go out too fast.
- Gels or fluids only. No gummies, dried fruit, or anything you have to chew.
- Take more frequent walk breaks to compensate for the heat.
- And if you really can't do it, slow down, adjust your plan for that run, and forge on as best you can.