Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Feeling Loverly

I am feeling on top of the world.

No right to be, really, work is stressful this week and I'm behind on stuff with no expectation of getting fully caught up until next month sometime.

But who cares today!

It's a beautiful day. My oldest and his dad are playing hooky to go see a baseball game. In a few hours I will leave here, stop by Fleet Feet Sports to get my Elvis Is Alive packet, and pick up the GooGoo monster.

My extra weight is coming off steadily and slowly, I feel good about how I'm going about it and good about how I feel.

I just registered for the Ready To Run CARA supported 20-mile run September 22, exactly three weeks before the marathon, with a run/walk pace group. I had not planned to do any group runs but I was having a hard time figuring out when I was going to do my 20-miler. Our weekends coming up are packed and quite honestly it's hard to recover from a long/hard effort with the kids around, which is why I've been taking half days at work and doing most of my long runs on Mondays. But this run is fully supported - water stations, pace groups, food/beer and massage afterwards - so by the time I get home I should be in halfway decent shape to roll around with the rug rats.

I've finished one quilt I've been working on for over two years (photos soon) and have planned out another one.

And I've figured out my bucket list... that's been on my mind since Ali wrote about hers... there was one piece that I couldn't quite articulate and it fell into place last night, so I've been buzzing on that. I then had a dream that I told the family about it and everyone was like, yay, mom, that's great, we'll help! Didn't have that reaction when I told The Dude about it this morning, ha. Don't mean to be cryptic but I don't have the time right now to post on this (that work stuff I mentioned before).

Hope you're having a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling so fantastic! I'm intrigued by what the item you've added to your bucket list might be!

    ReplyDelete