Thursday, January 17, 2013

Notes from a Month

Work, holidays, and sickness have disrupted, well, everything this last month.
  • The baby's sleep schedule has been ridiculous, making everyone suffer. We've made a plan, though, and it seems to be working. Very happy for the return of Happy Goo!
  • I've taken a break from serious training the last couple of months (so thankful that my training break coincides with the work/holiday/illness season each year). But am starting up again as I prepare for a 5K at the end of April and the marathon in October. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to do any significant races between them.
  • Eating has been for sh-t, and it's been hard to claw my way back into better eating, especially as I'm not feeling inclined to be super restrictive right now (not that I necessarily recommend that, it's just easier to get back into better eating that way). But as I head back into training mode the food will likely follow.
  • No sewing to report, though lots and lots of ideas have been flowing. Still thinking about a plan for the year (I seem to have the most consistency when I have a plan).
My big work event is over, and everyone is happier already. Whew!

4 comments:

  1. I, too, have had so much trouble getting back into a healthy and structured eating habits. Whole knew the holiday season was so long?!

    Have you run a marathon before? I'm playing with the idea of running my first full in November this year! I'm nervous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in 2010. So I'm not nervous about the distance itself. But still deciding on what kind of plan to go with. I had some ambitious thoughts, but am realizing I don't want to give the whole of my life to this for the next nine months. So I need to look into some other plans that are less all-consuming.

      With three halves under your belt, you're more than ready for it! Go for it!

      Delete
  2. Oooh.... Annie.... I seem to remember saying a few months ago that she WASN'T running the marathon in 2013. What happened??? Hee hee lol lol lol. I'm excited for you!! And yes, January is a black hole of a vacuum for everything. My therapist says he doesn't count ANYTHING that happens in December or the first 2 weeks of January as typical of anything. It's kinda nice to get a professional pass!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if anyone would remember that. :) Can't go into why we changed our minds here. (And it is "we", can't go into marathon training with kids without it being a "we" decision.)

      Like the professional pass idea!

      Delete