Monday, May 16, 2011

Hurts So Good

Today was my first run over 10 miles this year. It almost didn't happen --- I had it set in my head that I would be able to stop to pee somewhere in the first four miles --- after the FIFTH stop failed me (all gas stations or storefront chain restaurants, since all the McDonald's were on the other sides of busy streets) I got so frustrated I just stopped and walked for a while. The stupid thing too is that I could easily have held out for a while longer, I just had it in my head that I'd be able to stop more or less when I wanted to. But it was a great day for a long run and I had no morning meetings and I just wanted to do it. So in went the earbuds (thank you, "Doug Loves Movies"!). Ahead was a Walgreens where I've stopped successfully before. And from there it was smooth sailing for the rest of the run. (Well, the last 2 miles hurt, but, you know, in that "I will make it through because I am an effing rock star!" kind of way.)

And then a fresh sesame bagel with chive cream cheese when I got home, plus the first ice bath of the year. Thanks to the latest issue of Vanity Fair for getting me through that one!

Now, of course, I just want more...

No comments:

Post a Comment