Friday, March 7, 2014

Marathon Madness

Registration for the Chicago Marathon lottery was supposed to have started this week (yes, that's right, not registation for the marathon itself,  just the lottery for it) but has now been delayed a couple of weeks.

I had not been thinking of doing the marathon again this year and then I was sort of approached about being part of a charity team. (I won't go into why this was "sort of", it's convoluted and involves work.) But of course that got me wanting to run it again, and looking into options. Cue a couple of days of crazy obsessive marathon thinking.

I think I now know what I'm going to do, but I will sit on it for a few days (and talk to The Dude) to be sure it feels right.

Those of you who aren't runners, what gets you obsessed?

Yours,
Monkey Mind Annie

2 comments:

  1. Non-running obsessions include crochet and reading. HOWEVER, good luck on the marathon decision. I wonder if we are the only place that focuses so intently all year on only one marathon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I was wondering that too. It feels like a city-wide party, and one I will miss out on if I'm not taking part. Of course now I'm remembering all of the good stuff and none of the bad.

    ReplyDelete