Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Some Things I Forgot Abut Having A Newborn

They are astonishingly uncoordinated. I forgot about the flailing heads and hands.

Their skin is the softest thing ever, especially on top of the head.

They sleep, a lot, but not when you necessarily want them to.

They are astonishingly funny, weird little faces and noises and eye glances and oddly timed smiles. "Champ" is rapidly becoming "The Squeaker".

And OMG, I forgot how huge my breasts would get. Not happy about that. I don't mind the softness of my belly or the roundness of my face postpartum, but these breasts are out of control. Mostly I try to avoid looking at them in the mirror. And sadly, while my belly and face will return (cross fingers) to normal relatively quickly, as long as I'm nursing I have to deal with the boobies. Ah well. I'm just happy that nursing is going better this time.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!

    And I am giggling at the breast commentary. Because I have been there and done that, just as you have.

    ReplyDelete