Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Home Sweet Home

These are a few of my favorite things (about our new place)...

Coming home at night with Goo and seeing the porch lights on. The Dude and Buddy are home!

Looking out at the sky while I shower.

Our houseplants love our front room, and in the morning when the sun comes through the windows you can see their leaves stretching out, a bright clear green.

The pressed-tin ceiling in the upstairs bathroom.

That we have an attic! It's cold up there (or hot, depending on the season), and dark, but we have our stuff loosely organized up there and someday we'll turn it into additional rooms.

We have a resident opossum. (It's taken me a while to consistently remember how to spell "opossum". One "p", two "s"s.) S/he likes to hang out on our back porch. It is a startling thing to come across her/him but I imagine it is startling for her/him as well. I have no idea how to determine the sex of an opossum and even if I did I don't want to get close enough to find out.

(I don't like that there are three neighborhood cats who also like to hang out on our porches. Ours is not the only house they visit - and poop at. They do have a home of their own but appear to be left outside all the time.)

Our kitchen is a gem and I can stand in the middle of it and reach everything. Very handy when making dinner. (Not so handy when The Dude and I are trying to both make lunch and put groceries away at the same time. But I still love it.)

Our pantry! Admittedly, it's in the basement (the original pantry upstairs was turned into a half-bathroom), but I love having one.

My study. Mine. Did I mention that I have my own study? I share it with guests when they stay the night but when no one is visiting... all mine. And the kids love coming in and hanging out on the futon in there too. It's red. The room, that is. The futon has a green cover and a reddish brown frame.

Someday I'll have a smartphone and can take pictures easily to share with you.

Delightedly,
Annie







2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the new house is suiting you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a study??? I am soooooo jealous.

    ReplyDelete