Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Streak Of My Own

A number of my runner friends are taking part in various "streaks" this summer - committing to running every day (even just a mile) for X number of days. And reporting all kinds of physical/mental benefits as a result.

Taking a note from this, last week I started a streak of my own - to spend some time every day working on my art. Drawing, painting, preparing materials to be able to work with them, etc.

100 days' worth.

The goals? To be more consistent in my efforts. To exercise my hand and my eye. To make this part of who I am and what I do. And more...

I'm trying also to figure out how to write about what I think/feel about art, my own and others'. So one hope is that in writing about this streak I will also create opportunities to write more broadly about art.

I'd like to write something witty now to close off this post but I take this art-making business so terribly seriously that to write anything facile would be a lie. So... until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to follow your streak. I think art and art-analysis is so interesting. One thing I really miss about being in school is that lack of time I have to dedicate to discussing art and literature.

    ReplyDelete