Friday, April 26, 2013

Bits and Pieces

How did this day get away from me so fast? Talking with friends at work, mostly...

I race again on Sunday, the Ravenswood Run 5k. I'd like to break 28 minutes, I think I can break 29, which would also be a PR. I've been careful this week about not overdoing any of my runs and even took an extra rest day today, but I don't know if I'm fully recovered from my last race. We'll see.

My big question this week has been what to wear at the race. I now have a "race outfit" I like that makes me feel speedy, but for this race I typically wear the shirt they provide. It's for a great cause (our neighborhood food agency) through our church, and it's traditionally very family and kid friendly, so it's neat to be part of the crowd all wearing the same shirt.

I'll also be wearing a "Race for Boston" bib, so I think that while I'll be trying to go my fastest of course, this race is about others, not just myself.

I guess I've answered my question.

What's your biggest concern when it comes to choosing your racing outfit?

Happy running this weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment