Wednesday, February 6, 2013

2013 Resolution #1: 100 Hours of Art

Just like it sounds. Spend 100 hours making art this year.*

Doesn't sound like a lot, does it? Especially since I spend on average 3-4 hours a week working out.

Except since the beginning of January I have spent a whopping total of 3 hours and 15 minutes at it. And that includes time spent sorting and cleaning supplies.

Luckily for the numbers, the more I do, the more I want to do. I just need to figure out how.

*I'm not quite sure how I hit on this method of motivating myself but it does seem to be working. You get what you measure and all that.

I do know some of the initial motivation came from Hit The Ground Running and her 2009 goal to run consistently - thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks for the credit! Not sure I deserve it haha.

    What kind of art do you plan to work on this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll continue with my quilting, and I'd like to do some other fabric work as well. But just doing anything, really, since it's been so long since I worked consistently at it. I figure the doing will show me what it is I want to do next. So far it's meant more drawing and painting again (my stuff tends to be small-scale abstract).

      Delete