Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mash Note to NYT Book Review

New York Times Book Review, how do I love you? Let me count the ways...
  • For referencing my favorite unknown writer on motherhood (Sarah Blaffer Hrdy) in a sensible review of two recent books on mothering/children/feminism. Thank you, Judith Warner.
  • For reviewing children's and young adult books. 
  • For your mini book notes on the best sellers pages.
  • For your thorough reviews of nonfiction books that allow me to get a sense of the book's main points --- without actually having to read the book if I don't have the time to. Which is most nonfiction books these days.
For a brief time I had a weekend subscription to the NYT. It was glorious, and the Book Review and the Magazine were my favorite parts. Alas, even the weekend subscription is expensive as hell, and I had to drop it. But some kind soul at work has recently been bringing in the Book Review and leaving it on the lounge table, oh bliss. I make sure to return it when I'm done so that the good karma fairy keeps nudging that person to continue...


No comments:

Post a Comment