Monday, May 23, 2011

Maybe Now I Can Take A Break...

The study group I put together on the commericial sexual exploitation of children in Chicago got off the ground yesterday - what a strong, intelligent, committed group of people! I am very happy. There were lots of great ideas that I would never have come up with on my own --- too much outside my skill-set, too much outside my comfort zone --- and that's exciting too. I am very grateful that this is moving forward with the resources of a place like Fourth Church behind it, and, that, because this is my place of work, I can continue to be immersed in it.

I am also now excited (and somewhat relieved) that in my personal life I can now dig deeper into this whole issue of girls and athletics --- to "follow my bliss" as The Dude puts it. I don't yet understand why I am so compelled to explore further, and that's part of what this exploration will be, I think. That's okay. I've been wanting to find a way to write about these things that move me so and I guess this can be a start.

From a friend of mine at work:
       The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
                -- Frederick Buechner

No comments:

Post a Comment