Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Workshop in Progress - Feb. 23 (On Not Making Any Progress But Eating Well Instead)

What, it's Wednesday again?

No sewing progress to report this week, I'm afraid. Intense work stuff + a cold + a weekend spent cooking/baking for my family = no sewing. That's okay, I know where I'm going with the amp cover and have a number of evenings to myself coming up, so I expect to have it mostly done by next week. At least I better --- his next gig is March 5.

But here is a photo of what I did do this weekend...
Butter cookies with frosting (for a party that didn't happen --- I froze some and brought the rest in to work).

"Morning Glory" muffins, healthy version. Yum! This will become a new staple. Plus I figured out another reason why muffins are better than quick breads --- much easier to halve the recipe.

Then a spicy cauliflower and potato dish from my new cookbook, The Indian Slow Cooker by Anupy Singla. I am so pleased with this. I love Indian food and have always been intimidated by the thought of making it, but it's so expensive to eat out. This was easy and I only had to buy a couple of extra spices (note to self: when an Indian recipe is titled "spicy," cut the spices in half). I do have to go to the library now though for a more tradional Indian cookbook --- seeing all the lentil dishes got me excited to try them but as I'm the only one who will eat lentils I don't want to make an entire slow-cooker's worth.

Oh, and why did no one tell me before how amazing jasmine rice is? No more Uncle Ben's for us!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I haven't gotten my family to eat lentils yet either, but I'm working on it. Slowly, our culinary horizens are broadening ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to look for the translation of lentils, found it: yes they are good!! And lots of colorful pictures they make on google - could be an quilt design in it!

    ReplyDelete