Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Waking Up

My alarm clock is automatically set to off at 5:00am.

Or, like today, at 4:30.
Simon Cat. How does he know? He even adjusts for daylight savings.

I used to really hate this, but now I like my quiet time alone in the morning and am even disappointed if I don't manage to get up until after 5:00. I empty the dishwasher or dish rack, make tea/coffee and my breakfast, and have a quiet sit somewhere until Buddy wakes up. I even like that it forces me to go to bed early or at least know that I should go to bed early; my evenings end up being much more relaxed and thoughtful and focused, even if I end up deciding to stay up later than I should. The only drawback is that I truly can never sleep in, even if sick or on vacation.

I think it's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. 100% with you on this. Mornings are sacred to me and it disappoints me to miss them. I usually wake up before my alarm just because I'm so excited to be awake and by myself before responsibilities and other things kick in. "The only drawback is that I truly can never sleep in" - agreed. Sleeping in feels like I'm missing out.

    ReplyDelete