Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Procrastination Is My Best Friend

Sometimes it's good I don't always get to things when I want to. (I find this to be true at work all the time.) If I'd written on Sunday as I meant to, I would have written that the pumpkin bread I made for Halloween (and used all my quiet personal time on) was a FAIL. Not enough pumpkin flavor, not enough spice, not enough sweet, and according to The Dude, not a good texture (I disagreed with him there, I like my quick breads to be dense, a.k.a. whole-grain, at least in part).

However, despite these flaws, Buddy and I have been enjoying it all week, him with a little milk in the mornings, me with coffee as my second breakfast, topped with cream cheese and apple butter, or peanut butter and honey.

So I need to tweak the recipe --- anyone know how to make something more "pumpkin-y" with adding more pumpkin? --- but overall I would say it's a qualified success. And The Dude will just have to content himself with cold cereal.

I am on the hunt for a good cranberry-walnut bread recipe, though. One with some fiber!

No comments:

Post a Comment