Sunday, June 6, 2010

Holy Smokes, Batman! What a Weekend! (Part 1)

What a great --- and full --- weekend!

I took Friday off to do volunteer stuff: finish baking cookies for the bake sale and then help with the set up for the Girls On The Run spring 5K run/race. The finished piles of cookies were so glorious I had to take photos.
Peanut Butter

Chocolate Chip

The cookies needed to not only be baked but then individually wrapped, and since I like to know what's in my food and figure others do too, I decided to label them as well. (You can just see the labels in the photo below.) I've been trying to think of another word besides obsessive or compulsive to describe my doing this but I'm not having any success yet.

It was for a church bake sale, to benefit Buddy's daycare, since they subsidize 1/3 of their spaces for the kids of teenage moms in the neighborhood. Like how I ended up using a beer crate to store them in? Classy.

The bowl of cookies next to the crate are the ones that got to stay home with us. They're all gone now. (Sigh.)

Coming up, the GOTR report.

No comments:

Post a Comment