Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Good Eating!

After my long run yesterday (12 miles!) I needed to stop by Whole Foods on my way in to work to grab a couple of things, and decided to treat myself to their salad bar for lunch. Oh the glories of a high-quality salad bar!
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Shredded carrots
  • Artichoke hearts
  • Edamame
  • Roasted garlic cloves
  • Roasted red potatoes
  • Sliced egg
  • Ceasar dressing thinned with Bragg's liquid amino acids

Plus one of their Seeduction rolls (whole grains and a mess of different seeds) topped with Earth Balance spread. Heavenly.

Some other exciting food news --- I tried out Yolk at Chicago/Wells last week for the first time and could not stop raving about it to anyone who would listen. Not only did the food taste amazing but the quantity/price ratio was impressive --- we both ended up with meals for the next day. And I'm excited about First Slice opening up a new location near my work --- their mission is to feed the hungry with good food, the same food offered in their dine-in locations. They operate the cafe at the Lill Street Art Center, I've eaten there a few times and always been happy with the food, so I'm pleased that I now have them as a weekday lunch option!

And after months of lusting after Mark Bittman's new book, "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian," I have finally splurged and ordered it for myself. I can't wait to start trying stuff out.

No comments:

Post a Comment