Friday, February 19, 2010

Saved By The Dude

Went to the pool after dropping Buster off this morning for a long swim... and it was closed. Again. For at least the third time this year so far (only 1 lifeguard showed up). I am always very grateful that I have a pool in my neighborhood and it's pretty cheap, but it's cheap because it's run by the park district and therefore completely unreliable. Not so grateful then.

So I came home much like Buster when he's mad - stomping and shouting. Luckily The Dude was still there to calmly say, "Why don't you go for a run then?"

Duh. Of course.

So I headed out into the clear sunny day, and had myself a nice little run down to the lakefront, the longest since my ankle sidelined me at the holidays. And it's been a pretty good day since then! Even if I haven't done most of the chores I took the day off to do in the first place.

Eh, who needs things filed?

No comments:

Post a Comment