What does careful running look like for me?
- Wearing my "SuperFeet" insoles in all my shoes;
- Finally getting good walking shoes with adequate support for work and play;
- Keeping my stride short, and using a quicker turnover for increased speed, rather than a longer stride;
- Using the treadmill for speedwork and tempo runs until my ankle (and the sidewalks) improve substantially;
- Focus on consistency in training and endurance rather than speed this year, and allow more time to slowly build up my distance.