Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Still the Season

Okay, now that we're past Christmas Day, I wish we'd been able to do more to observe Advent and Christmas. I like the special music, the lights, the TV specials, the movies, the cards, and even the gifts. I'm just not wild about getting/giving LOTS of gifts, and especially not all the crap that seems to flow around at this time of year that otherwise doesn't enter my life. (Scented candles, you know I'm talking to you.)

This year I was so irked at the lack of space in my office and the lack of time to deal with it that when I received some random gifts from people I don't know well (of things I would never myself use), rather than find a way to pass them on to someone who would enjoy them, I just tossed them. Which I'm not happy about either, but there just wasn't space to have them sitting around.

For the record, let me say that I received some wonderful presents from my family and my husband's family, and even from Buster's daycare, and I hope they enjoyed my presents to them just as much. I am not, after all, a Grinch or a Scrooge.

So, since there are still 7 days left of Christmas proper, I have pulled out Christmas music to listen to while I write my Christmas cards. I have put up the cards we've received. I may even dig out some ornaments to hang around the house. We did manage to have a little tree and Nativity scene out all month, thanks to Nana and Fisher-Price:

And finally, my apologies to anyone who followed the link in the previous post to the Advent Conspiracy video on YouTube and then got sucked in by endless numbers of clips of animated cats/dogs/babies set to Christmas carols (like, for example, The Dude). Here's a link to a crap-free version (about 2/3 of the page down, titled "Enter the Story".)

On the 5th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

An evening all to myself!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anon, glad you found this useful! What are you working on in your life?

    ReplyDelete