The long-term impact...
- Possibly better learning opportunities since it's a larger center and located in a child-friendly and resource-rich part of town.
- We will be able to meet other families in our neighborhood, have playdates, etc.
- It may be a resource in navigating the local schools when the time comes (a very big deal in Chicago).
- They have Spanish in the classrooms, fish in the hallway, and a rabbit in the toddler room. 'Nuff said.
- I no longer have to go downtown to bring him to daycare (his current setting is at my workplace). This frees me up tremendously, even though my daily commute will be longer, since my work schedule varies considerably each month and it's been a drag coordinating daycare and work on those weeks I don't work Monday through Friday.
- I no longer have to make the commute with him. No more fending off busy little hands that want to grab other people's striped pants, newspaper, or iPhone. Not to mention my glasses. And I can read on the train again!
- It's $400 less a month. 'Nuff said.