Saturday, May 16, 2009

Still Here...

Wow, I can't believe it's been over a week since I posted, especially since I've had so much I've wanted to write about. I guess I've just been busy doing things.

So what have I been up to?

~ Buying one pair of running shoes that are great, and one pair that have not worked out at all. I'm going back to the store on Monday to see about replacing the latter, so I've spent some time researching different kinds of shoes.

~ Going running in the pair that are great - the Nike Free. Closest to barefoot you can get in a running shoe, apparently. So not what I need for long runs on pavement, but GREAT for speedwork on the track. And fun, fun, fun.

~ Seeing my sister and her family. First to help out with the Lion Baby while she got the house ready for her husband's graduation party (and his parents' ensuing visit), then for the party itself last Sunday (for which I also baked), and then today because my mother arrived for her month-long new baby visit.

~ Going to bed earlier to compensate for Buddy's new sleep difficulties - waking up very early some days, waking up multiple times some nights, waking with night terrors on a few of those. He is teething, and going through some growth spurts, and has newly developed separation anxiety - all in all, he's needing extra help in the night. And I need an earlier bedtime to be able to give that extra help.

~ Lots of PLAYING with Buddy. 'Cause during the day, he's a lot of fun.

~ Researching training schedules for a half-marathon. Yes, I know I said I wasn't going to try for the Chicago Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon this year, and I'm not. BUT I think I can train for the Chicago Half Marathon, one month later in September. I've found a schedule that looks possible - better yet, fun! - so I think I will go for it.

~ And finally, I've been reading about running, which is its own pleasure.

And now for some time with The Dude - frozen pizza, beer, and a movie. Life is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment